NSS is a voluntary association of young students in colleges which provides services to society without bias. It aims to inculcate social welfare in students, and through the community services, it really helps in building their personality.
NSS volunteer works for providing help in natural and man-made disasters by supplying food, clothing and first aid to the disaster victims, arranges blood donation camps to fulfill shortage of blood requirement in hospitals, tree plantation to protect environment and save mother earth, cleanliness moments for hygiene and healthy life, road safety awareness campaigns to reduce road accidents, street plays and awareness campaigns for save a girl child and educate her.
During NSS Special Camps, a volunteer learn from people in villages how to lead a good life despite a scarcity of resources, develops a sense of social responsibility & gets the practical lessons of value education.
With the experiences from NSS, I am sure that all volunteers will learns how to lead a life of dignity with positive mind set and contributes to the growth of nation by some or other way.
|Dr. R.K. Chauraisa|
We Can – We Will
“For your country: if you plan for a year, sow paddy
If you plan for a decade, plant trees
If you plan for the future, nurture youth.”
National Cadet Corps is a Tri-Services Organization, comprising the Army, Navy and Air Force, engaged in grooming the youth of the country into disciplined and patriotic citizens. The National Cadet Corps came into existence on 15th July 1948 under the NCC Act XXXI of 1948 under the Ministry of Defence. NCC unit in VSSD. College, Kanpur was established in ________ at the time and since has been the best extracurricular practice in the college.
- To train the cadets to become responsive individuals, sensitive to the needs of the community
- To teach dignity of labour and ignite the creative instinct that lies latent in the youth.
- To develop a new work- ethos characterized by hard work, sincerity of purpose and the ideals of selfless service with a secular outlook.
- To inculcate in the youth a sense of nationalism and secular outlook that contributes towards the building of the nation.
- To provide a platform for individual upliftment through the process of channelizing the energy of the youth in constructive pursuits.
- To promote camaraderie and resilience and hone cultural skills to preserve the cultural traditions and values of the society
- To help the youth realise the intimate relationship between man and the community, between community and nature and their inter-dependability.
Rather than routine activities of NCC as Drill Parade, Arms Training, First Aid, Map Reading, Camp Training, Weapon Training, Physical Fitness etc. our cadets have opportunities to participate in various adventures activities as Para trouping, Mountaineering, Rock Climbing, Sailing Expedition, Trekking and various Social Awareness Programs.
NCC ‘C’ Certificate could be the beginning of a glorious career. Vacancies reserved for commission in the Defence for NCC ‘C’ certificate holders:
- Army IMA Dehradun – 64 vacancies every year through UPSC and SSB Interview.
OTA Chennai – 100 vacancies every year for Short Service Commission (Non Tech).
- Para Military Forces – 2 to 10 bonus marks awarded for recruitment.
- NCC – Civilian Gliding Instructors/Girl Cadet Instructors/ Whole Time Lady Officers.
|Dr. Sandeep Kumar Singh|
Barrister Narendrajit Singh Rovers and Sushila Narendrajit Singh Rangers, established in 2011 in the college, Is a team committed to contribute to the development of young people in achieving their full physical, intellectual, social and spiritual potential as individuals, as responsible citizens and as members of the local, National and International communities.
Other activities being undertaken by Rovers and Rangers are Blood Group Camp, Oath for Cleanliness, Eye-Donation Camp, Helping victims of Rail Accidents etc.
There is a planning to adopt Malin Basti in Kanpur for cleanliness Drive and Promoting Traffic Control as well.
|Dr. Nand Lal|
The college has constituted an Environmental Cell to make the student teachers aware about the environmental issues and challenges and inspire them to disseminate the information and sensitize the school children and the society at large about these challenges.
- To sensitize the student teachers about the problems of pollution.
- To inculcate the sense of responsibility towards the development of planet Earth and appreciation of its beauty.
- To providing opportunities to acquire knowledge, skills, attitude, commitment to preserve the environment.
- To make them understand the interdependence of economic, social and ecological factors.
- To train the student teachers to impart environmental education to school children through curricular and co-curricular activities.
The cell organizes workshops, nature trails, talks and seminars. Student teachers also conduct assemblies related to environmental issues and sustainable living on days of environmental significance. They display posters, news articles and quotes on the bulletin board.
|Sri. Awanish Kumar Upadhyaya|